Installing Android development tools
Please note that
the development tools for Android
development may use as much as 700MB of
hard drive space.
the tools should be installed in the
order they are presented below.
- Java JDK 6
- Android SDK
- Installation instructions
The examples we will be working with will use SDK Platform Android 2.1, API 7,
so let the AVD manager fetch the following packages
- The latest documentation
- SDK Platform Android 2.1, API 7
- Samples for SDK API 7
- Google APIs by Gogle Inc., Android API 7
- Optional: USB Driver package (only needed for debugging on physical Android phone on a Windows system. None Windows system can debug on physical Android phone without this)
- Eclipse Galileo classic
- This is not the latest version of Eclipse, but it's the one that Android say works best with...
- Eclipse Android plugin (ADT)
- Download, installation and configuration instructions
If you are not allowed to install the Android Eclipse plugin due to missing dependencies,
please make sure these 2 following software sites are registered and enabled in the
"Available software sites" window.
- Sync software for your phone
- Instructions for HTC Desire
- This is optional and only necessary for testing your program on your own phone.